Gathering API Credentials
To start, you'll need the following:
- FedEx Website User ID
- FedEx Website Password
- FedEx Worldwide Account Manager Name
- FedEx Worldwide Account Manager Email Address
FedEx Freight LTL API Requirements
- FedEx Express (or Express-Enabled) Account Number
- FedEx API Authorization Key
- FedEx API Password
- FedEx Meter Number
- FedEx Freight Bill To Account Number (if Third Party)
- FedEx Freight Bill To Mailing Address
- FedEx Freight Shipper Account Number (if not Third Party)
FedEx Freight Volume LTL API Requirements
- FedEx Volume API Authorization Key
- Note FedEx Volume / Spot Quote API has a required test key for the project44 test environment. To test functionality of FedEx Volume / Spot Quotes, please use the key below.
- Be advised that an LTL account set-up is required in order to dispatch Volume.
Step-by Step Instructions – LTL
The following process is to obtain the FedEx Meter Number, Authentication(API) Key, and APO Password. These numbers are required when setting up a FedEx account as a capacity provider for Rate Quotes and Dispatch. Please be sure to provide the Meter Number, Authentication Key, andyour FedEx Express(or express enabled) account number to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to have Pickup API and/or BOL API services enabled by FedEx.
- Navigate to: http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/
- Select “FedEx Web Services”
- Select “Move to production”
- Log in using your FedEx.com User ID & Password
- Select “Get Production Key”
- The next Screen has three sections:
- Do you intend to resell your software? (No)
- Please check the box next to each type of FedEx web services you intend to use in your integration solution: (FedEx Web Services for Shipping)
- Please indicate whether you are developing your FedEx integration solution as a Corporate Developer or as a Consultant. (Corporate Developer)
- In the window that populates you will see the FedEx Web Services End User License Agreement.
- Select “I Accept”
- The form that populates on the next screen will ask for your FedEx Account Number, that account number must be an express-enabled account with a matching mailing address from the FedEx Express system. If you see the "Invalid character in Account." error message, please try other account numbers. If you see the “The City, State/Province and ZIP/Postal code combination that you entered is not valid.” error message, try to use another potential billing address, or check that the zip code is correct. Often times FedEx may have your billing address zip code include the four additional digits used to identify a geographic segment within the five-digit delivery area (ex: 12345-1234). Your account rep will be able to provide your exact express enabled account number and express billing address.
Once all required fields are filled out, select “Continue”.
- The next screen will give the option to check a box before selecting continue if you would like to update your profile with the data from the previous page. You can select to do this or not and then select “Continue”
- The last screen will be a Confirmation screen providing you with an Authentication Key and a Meter Number. Both of these numbers will be needed to set-up FedEx as a capacity provider. This box will also advise that your “Production password”(API Password) has been emailed to the main e-mail on the account. You will need that password as well when setting up FedEx as a capacity provider.
Enable Pickup And/Or Shipping(BOL) for LTL
Once you have completed your account set-up and have confirmed rates are processing successfully you will need to request that your FedEx account be enable for Pickup and/or BOL.
- After obtaining you production credentials and completing the Project profiles, Call the FedEx support line at1.877.339.2774
- Identify yourself as a Project 44 customer
- Ask the agent to access KB article 18598
- Provide the agent your name
- You should be asked what services need to be enabled. Reply with either Pickup or Shipping, or both.
- Provide the agent with your credential information and the services will be enabled.
- Account Number:
- Meter Number
- Authentication Key
Step-by Step Instructions - Volume LTL
- Log into https://ecom-gateway-ws.freight.fedex.com/fxfSpotQuote/
- Click the Customer API Registration tab
- Select the appropriate account number from the drop down box. If your required account number doesn't show as an option, simply add the correct account number to My Profile option at the top of the screen
- Complete and/or confirm the contact details in the Contact Information section
- Click the checkbox on the bottom left to agree to the FedEx Terms & Conditions
- Click Register
- Your Volume API Key will be shown on screen in the grey box
Uploading API Credentials
Load your organization's credentials into the project44 Capacity Provider Accounts screen. For help with the process, see Carrier Credentials Help.
After selecting FedEx from the capacity provider screen, click on 'Add Account'.
You will have the option of setting up a Standard Account (LTL) or Volume LTL Rating Account. If you set-up a Volume account you must also set-up a Standard account as the VLTL account will utilize the Auth. Key, Meter number, Express acct. number, and API PW when calling the FedEx API.
LTL - Select Standard Account
- Key = FedEx API Authorization Key
- Password = FedEx API Password
- Meter Number = FedEx Meter Number
- Freight Account Number = FedEx Freight Shipper Account Number (if not Third Party)
- Account Number = FedEx Express (or Express-Enabled) Account Number
- Bill To Number = FedEx Freight Bill To Account Number (if Third Party)
- Bill-To Address = FedEx Freight Bill To Mailing Address
- Payment Type
Note for Bill-To Address: FedEx uses the address added here to verify the account being used.
- If the account is set-up with direction Third Party, this address will be the Bill-To address tied to the FedEx Freight Bill To Account Number used
- If the account is set-up with direction Shipper or Consignee, this address will be the Mail-To address tied to the FedEx Freight Shipper Account Number used.
Volume LTL - Select Volume LTL Rating Account
- Key = FedEx Volume API Authorization Key