To monitor a shipment for tracking in project44's Container Tracking Platform, you must first create a shipment subscription. This article walks you through those steps.
project44 offers an automated upload of shipment lists in CSV or XLSX format. You can either email the shipment lists to project44 or upload them to the FTP server at regular intervals.
Please contact with your project manager to check if automatic reporting of shipments is already activated for you, or contact your project44 Technical Contact for more information.
Minimum Information Required
- Name of the booked Carrier.
At least one shipment reference number (+ Container Number): Master Bill of Lading or Booking Number. We recommend tracking by BL + Container Number for best results.
- Include one container number per row in the shipment list.
- To correctly identify your shipment and provide you access to the best quality data for that shipment, track shipments by Bills of Lading (BL) or Booking Numbers (BN). To avoid duplicates in your account, use one reference number type (either BL or BN) for all subscriptions you create.
Additional, Optional Data Fields
- Subscription Description. For example, a freight forwarder reference number or an internal shipment ID.
- Tags. Tags are recurring labels linked to your shipment. Use tags to sort shipments and filter dashboards by certain criteria such as freight forwarder, customer group, or shipment type.
- Contracted ETA date. The contracted ETA date at the Port of Discharge or the Final Destination, as confirmed to you at the time of booking. This information can provide additional on-time performance analysis.
Send your shipment lists as an Excel file to either:
Example Shipment List for Automated Upload Through project44
Red data fields are required. Green data fields are optional.