To request a new quote,
1. On the Quote Requests Page, click the NEW QUOTE REQUEST button.
The Create Quote Request page appears.
If you have a template for a quote request, you can use it by clicking the START FROM TEMPLATE button.
2. Enter the information for the shipment. Fields marked with a red (*) asterisk are mandatory.
Name — Enter a name for this quote request.
Requested pickup / Requested delivery — Select the dates for these fields. Clicking these fields opens a calendar.
Load preference — Choose either Exclusive Usage or Shared.
Size — Enter the length of the shipment in feet.
Weight — Enter the weight of the shipment in pounds.
Item description — Enter a description of the shipment.
Origin address — Address where the shipment will be picked up. Clicking Add origin details displays several optional fields.
Destination address — Enter the address where the shipment will be sent. Clicking Add destination details displays several optional fields.
Save quote as template — Clicking this checkbox opens the Template Name field. Enter a name in this field. When the quote is created, the quote is saved as a template.
3. Click the CREATE QUOTE REQUEST button.
The Request quotes by email page appears.
4. Select a provider by clicking the checkbox next to its name. Select as many providers as needed.
5. Click the Select date and time field to set the deadline for the quote(s).
6. Click the REQUEST button.
The quote request is sent to the providers.
7. When a provider submits a quote, you are notified via email that your request for a rate on a shipment has been answered. To view the quote, you can either click the VIEW QUOTE button in your email or open the VOC and click the name of your shipment in the Quote Request list.
The Quote Request Details page appears.
8. The quotes sent by providers are listed on this page, and their status is ACTIVE.
You can ignore a request, counter offer (click the COUNTER OFFER button), or accept the rate (click BOOK NOW).
You can also request more quotes by selecting Providers in the list and clicking the REQUEST QUOTES button.