Cases can be created in multiple ways:
- In the Convey application
- By a user on the Shipment Details page
- By a user on the Case Management page
- By a Shipment Rule automatically
- By sending an email to one of your company’s Case Email Addresses
- With the Create Case API
Creating Cases From the Shipment Details Page
Most cases will reference a shipment so we recommend creating cases like this from the Shipment Details page. This will automatically add all the shipment info to your case.
- Visit the Shipments page and type a reference number for the shipment in the Search field.
- Click the Tracking # link for the shipment you're looking for to visit the Shipment Details page for that shipment. If you're unable to find the shipment you're looking for, it's ok! Just follow the instructions below on how to create a case from the Case Management page.
- In the bottom of the left column, click the Create a Case button.
- The Create New Case modal will appear. Select the Case Type that best describes why you are opening a new Case and click the Create Case button. Note: If you don’t need to collaborate with an outside party on the case, deselect the option to include the shipper or carrier on the case. It will still be visible to them if they view the shipment, but they will not be notified about any new messages on the case. This is helpful when only needing to work problems internally.
- Your new Case has now been created.
Creating Cases From the Case Management Page
There are rare occasions where the tracking or PRO number for a shipment is unknown, but you can still create a new case without referencing a shipment. If you discover the tracking number down the road, we've got you covered. A shipment can always be added to a case in the future.
- Visit the Case Management page and click the Create Case button located on the top right of the view.
- The Create Case modal will appear. Select the reason that best describes why you are opening a new case and decide whether you want to add a shipment or continue without a shipment click the Create Case button.
- Your new Case has been created and you now have the ability to send a Case Message.
Adding a Shipment to a Case
- If a case was created without a shipment, but you would like to add one, click the Add a Shipment button in the shipment health section on the Shipment Details page.
- Enter a tracking number or other shipment identifier to search for the shipment. Select the correct shipment from the results and click the Add Shipment button.
- Now the shipment you selected will be linked to this case.
Collaborating With a Carrier on a Case
More often than not, resolving delivery experience issues involves an outside party like a retailer or shipping carrier. If you want the shipper or carrier to be notified about the case you have been created, make sure you add them as a Case Collaborator. There are a few ways to do this:
When creating a new case, click the checkbox to include the other party as a collaborator.
When posting the first Case Message on a case where there is no Case Collaborator, check the box to add the shipper or carrier.
From an existing case on a Shipment Details page, click the Add Carrier button.
Adding a Case Owner
What is a Case Owner?
The Case Owner is the user who is responsible for solving the case. There can only be one Case Owner per shipper and one Case Owner per carrier for one case, so it is clear who is responsible on each side.
Cases Owners are valuable for these reasons:
- By placing ownership to one user per party, it is known who is responsible for seeing the issue through to resolution, which in turn helps the user know which work to focus on.
- A Case Owner enables a user to become the most knowledgeable about a particular problem, so it is resolved more efficiently.
- By having Case Owners, analytics can be acquired on Case resolution performance to ensure maximum team productivity.
How do I add a Case Owner?
A user is only allowed to add Case Owners for their own organization (ie. If I'm a user for The shipper account, I can only add another shipper user as a Case Owner. I cannot add a user for the carrier as a Case Owner. A carrier user can add a Case Owner for the carrier.
To add a Case Owner to a particular case, visit the case section on the Shipment Details page. Click the Case Owner text field and a list of users in the current user's account will appear. Choose a user and they will be added automatically.
How do I edit a Case Owner?
A Case Owner can be changed at any time on the Shipment Details page. Click on the current Case Owner's name and then select another user’s name.
Adding Case Watchers
What is a Case Watcher?
A Case Watcher is a user that has a special interest into visibility of the Case, but is not responsible for its resolution. There can be up to 5 Case Watchers per shipment. It is optional to select a Case Watcher and they can be added or removed at any time.
Cases Watchers are valuable for these reasons:
- Often, users want to check in and confirm there is resolution to issues for important customers. Instead of keeping a spreadsheet or text document with a list of these shipments, you can filter shipments by ones where you are the Case Watcher.
- If you are the Case Owner for a case and need to notify another user, you can add them as a Case Watcher, so they will receive notifications about new messages.
How do I add Case Watchers?
To add a Case Watcher to a particular case, visit the case section on the Shipment Details page. Click the Case Watcher text field and a list of users in the current user's account will appear. Choose one or more users and they will be added automatically.
How do I edit Case Watchers?
A Case Watcher can be changed at any time on the Shipment Details page. Click on the current Case Watcher's name and then select another user’s name.