Convey makes it easy for users to tackle the next critical issue or search to find a particular case in progress.
Searching and Filtering Cases
List View Columns
- Case ID #: The identifier for the case designated by Convey.
- Case Status: The resolution status of the case - Active or Solved.
- Case Type: The reason code that explains why the case was created.
- Latest Message Date: The date the most recent case message was posted.
- Latest Message: The most recent message posted on the case.
- Case Owner: The user who is responsible for the resolution of the case.
- Created Date: The date and time that the case was created.
- Account: If you are a shipper, the carrier for the shipment on the case. If you are a carrier, the shipper for the shipment on the case.
- Brand: If the shipper has multiple brands, the brand name when available.
- Tracking #: The tracking number for the shipment attached to the case.
- BOL #: The bill of lading number for the shipment attached to the case.
- PO #: The purchase order number for the shipment attached to the case.
- Reference #: An identifier for the shipment attached to the case.
- RA #: The returns authorization number for the shipment attached to the case.
- Order #: The order number for the shipment attached to the case.
- CRM Case #: The CRM’s ticket or case number that relates to the case created in Convey. Shippers and carriers can each enter their own CRM Case # and neither party can view the other’s entry.
Searching for Cases
A search box is located on all Case Management views to help users quickly find a particular case using an identifier. The search box shows results based on all cases currently displaying in the platform.
Using the search box, a user can search for following fields:
- Case ID #
- CRM Case #
- Order #
- PO #
- Reference #
- RA #
- Tracking #
Quick Filters menus and a More Filters menu are located on the Case Management view. These filters help you segment cases so you can prioritize the most pressing delivery issues first or work similar issues at one time. For example, prioritize incorrect address issues over refusals since address issues prevent packages from being delivered.
Quick Filters are the most commonly used case filters, so they are most easily accessible at the top of the Case Management page. These filters include:
- Status: Choose one or multiple Case Statuses.
- Case Type: Choose one or multiple Case Types.
- Carrier: Choose one or multiple carriers to see all cases where that carrier is a Case Collaborator OR is delivering the referenced shipment. Only carriers for the given account will be displayed.
More Filters are a list of additional filter options located in one menu. Visit the Case Management Basics article for the full list of available case filters.
Using Saved Views to Prioritize Work
1. My Active Cases
It's best to start your day in the My Active Cases view. This view is sorted by Last Message Date ascending, so oldest issues can easily be prioritized.
A preview of the last message sent is visible in the list view with an icon that quickly helps you skim which ones where you did not respond last. If someone else sent it, then chances are, it requires follow-up.
2. My Watched Cases
Next, it's best to work your My Watched Cases view. If there is a case where you feel the resolution or progress is satisfactory and you no longer want to watch it, then you will want to remove your name from the Case Watchers list on that case.
3. New Cases
Ready to save another delivery experience? The New Cases view is where you go to find new cases to solve. Click the first case at the top of the list and add your name as the Case Owner, so your team knows that you’re on top of it!
Looking for something in particular? Users only need to visit the All Cases view if you’re searching for a particular case or filtering to find a group of cases. This is the only view where you can see a history of all cases, even cases that have been marked solved.
Account Admins may create custom Saved Views.
Posting a New Case Message
Messages are how collaboration happens. Messages are posted on the Shipment Detail page in the Activity Feed section.
Pay special attention to who the Case Collaborators are because these are the parties that will receive notifications when a new case message is posted. If you are a shipper, click the Add Carrier button and if you are a carrier, click the Add Shipper button to add them as a recipient of all case messages.
To post a message, click the Case Message icon located at the top of the Shipment Details page. In order to post a Case Message, there must be a case in Active status.
In the Case Message dialogue box, simply type the message in the text area on the page and then click Post Case Message.
The message will be displayed with the user's name and the date/time it was created (using the browser's timezone).
Adding Recipients to Case Messages
When collaborating on a case, sometimes there is another Convey user or email address that you want to send the message to. After clicking into the create post message box, you can see everyone who will receive your message. You have the option to remove users that are not Case Owners or Case Watchers and can add new users or email addresses.
These inboxes will receive an email notification only when a new Case Messages is posted:
- Default Carrier Email: When there is no Case Owner for the carrier yet.
- Default Shipper Email: When there is no Case Owner for the shipper yet.
- Case Owner Users
- Case Watcher Users
- Other Case Participants: These are other Convey users or email addresses added when posting a message in the thread.
To add new recipients, type in the name of the user or email address and click "Tab." Once you see the users name/email address displayed as a tag (example in the image above), that recipient has been officially added and will receive an email once your new Case Message is posted.
Adding an Attachment
Many times a user wants to add a photo or other attachment to the message, similar to email. This may be a photo of damages to a shipment or a proof of the delivery.
To add an attachment to the message, be sure to include a message and then click the paperclip icon.
- Browse your system's local files and choose the image you would like to attach to the message. Click the open button in the dialog box.
- You should now see the file name appear below your message. Click Post Case Message when you are ready to post your message and files.
- Click the file name in the activity feed to view or download the attachment.
Note: The attachment file size limit is 10 MB.
Replying to a Case Message
There are two ways to reply to a case:
- In the Convey Platform on the Case Detail page when logged in by posting a new case message.
- Reply to a Convey new case message email notification.